Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
so-lli1
Adventurer
Adventurer

ZynqMP - JTAG Port open error. AP transaction timeout

Jump to solution

It is not possible to recover the system using JTAG and XSDB. Not even a reset is possible, it always returns "AP transaction timeout". How can this be fixed without a power cycle of the whole board?

Regards,
so-lli1

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Do you know the root cause of the issue that is causing this hang? This will occur if you try to access an mem/reg that doent exist.

If the kernal is hanged, then there may not be a solution other than a power cycle. Even if you do a successful reset, and you dont have isolation enabled,

then the system could potential hang if there is an outstanding AXI transaction (for example).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you try a software reset. The reboot command in Linux, or devmem 0xff5e0218 0x1e

0 Kudos
so-lli1
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @stephenm,

To be honest, I don't understand what you are suggesting. Since there was a kernel panic, there is no linux available. Both of your commands depend on linux.

However, I tried JTAG access with XSDB to recover without success. As far as I understand issuing "rst -system" command is equivalent to writing to the 0xff5e0218 (RESET_CTRL) register. Tried both, neither worked.

Edit: In order to reproduce, I simply stopped in the u-boot console. JTAG reset... is not working any more, so there must be something I am not aware of that grants the uboot control and blocks me out on JTAG somehow.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Do you know the root cause of the issue that is causing this hang? This will occur if you try to access an mem/reg that doent exist.

If the kernal is hanged, then there may not be a solution other than a power cycle. Even if you do a successful reset, and you dont have isolation enabled,

then the system could potential hang if there is an outstanding AXI transaction (for example).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
so-lli1
Adventurer
Adventurer

@stephenm 

Turns out the board I am working with has some pre-production silicon on it and needs to be treated with special care. However, thank you very much for your explanation.

0 Kudos