UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor fremen
Visitor

ZynqMP PL loading from Linux.

Hi,

I'm trying to have the PL loaded in the FPGA from Linux.

I'm using Petalinux 2018.2.

When using Petalinux the device-tree is generated using the HDF file so everything from the FPGA are included.

I wasn't able to find how to generate the Linux image with a device-tree that would exclude the PL info.  When I don't inlcude the "pl.bit" file Linux hang because of the FPGA not being programmed.

Some documentation explain how to create the device-tree overlay but not how to remove it or not include it in the device-tree created by Petalinux.

Can't find any info on this so far.

Thanks

Eric

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: ZynqMP PL loading from Linux.

Hi, Eric
Petalinux can only generates device-tree based on HDF file. If there are IPs in PL, it will generate pl.dtsi that contains device tree nodes for PL IPs.
If you want to generate device tree that excludes the PL info. You have to modify/overwrite device tree manually. You can use /delete-node/ in system-user.dtsi to delete unwanted device tree nodes.
https://developer.toradex.com/device-tree-customization
Hope this helps~
-Longley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos