UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor schaeferk
Visitor

ZynqMP fsbl 2018.1, XFSBL_ERROR_PM_INIT Handoff Failed 0x50

Hi,

I'm currently facing the problem that my Enclustra-XU1 ZynqMP board won't boot if I try to build a new FSBL (First Stage Boot loader) with the Xilinx SDK 2018.1.

I tried different ATF (Arm Trusted Firmware) and PMU-Firmware versions and multiple configurations, but always ended up with the same error message:

================= In Stage 4 ============
XFSBL_ERROR_PM_INIT
Handoff Failed 0x50

Regarding the FSBL source code this means that the function which notifies the PMUFW about all registers being set, fails.

Because I'm unsure where the actual root of the problem is I attached the full boot log, my boot file generator script and my device tree files.

I'd be glad if someone could give me an advice how to fix this problem.

Regards,

Konstantin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer bencai
Observer

Re: ZynqMP fsbl 2018.1, XFSBL_ERROR_PM_INIT Handoff Failed 0x50

I am having the same problem.  Tracing the FSBL code seems to suggest problem executing the PMU firmware.  

0 Kudos
Visitor schaeferk
Visitor

Re: ZynqMP fsbl 2018.1, XFSBL_ERROR_PM_INIT Handoff Failed 0x50

Hi,

I traced down the problem a bit further. In my case indeed the problem is the communication between FSBL and PMU Firmware. The problem occurs when i am using th mkbootimage tool for generating the boot.bin file. However mkbootimage is at the oḿoment not compatible with the PMU firmware version 1.0 (https://github.com/antmicro/zynq-mkbootimage/issues/6).

If I'm using Xilinx SDK/bootgen to build the boot.bin everything is running fine.

I hope this information is helpful to anyone facing the same problem.

0 Kudos