UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Zynqmp (ZU4EV): U-Boot not starting

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a custom board with a XCZU4EV FPGA. FPGA Files and BSP SW are generated using Vivado/Xilinx SDK 2018.2.

When I power-up the board I see messages from FSBL and ATF but not from U-Boot. It seems that U-Boot is not starting (see zu4ev_log.txt).

I have a scipt which is generating the fsbl.elf, bl31.elf, pmufw.elf and dts Files. I already used this script with a similar board (XCZU2EG). So I'm pretty sure that I use the correct binaries all build with 2018.2 tags/Sources.

The log output from the XCZU2EG board is exactly the same as the one from the new XCZU4EV board (except the XCZU2EG/XCZU4EV ID string).
But no output from U-Boot (I already tried with debug U-Boot with very early console output).

We run the memory test standalone app on the XCZU4EV board without errors, so ddr should work.

The XCZU4EV U-Boot starts at the old XCZU2EG board so U-Boot binary cannot be totally wrong (of course hangs later since different hw).

Any ideas how to debug this, what else I can check?

Regards,

Ralf

hdf2bin.sh:

-------- snip --------

git clone https://github.com/Xilinx/device-tree-xlnx.git "$tmp_dir/device-tree-xlnx"
cd "$tmp_dir/device-tree-xlnx" && git checkout "xilinx-v$XILINX_SDK_VER"

-------- snip --------

xsct -eval "setws $d;repo -set $tmp_dir/device-tree-xlnx;\
sdk createhw -name platform -hwspec $f;\
sdk createapp -name fsbl -app {Zynq MP FSBL} -hwproject platform -arch 64 -proc psu_cortexa53_0;\
sdk configapp -app fsbl build-config Release;\
sdk createapp -name pmufw -app {ZynqMP PMU Firmware} -hwproject platform -proc psu_pmu_0;\
sdk configapp -app pmufw build-config Release;\
sdk createbsp -name devicetree -hwproject platform -os device_tree -proc psu_cortexa53_0 -arch 64;\
configbsp -bsp devicetree console_device \"psu_uart_0\";\
updatemss -mss $d/devicetree/system.mss;\
regenbsp -bsp devicetree;\
sdk projects -build"

-------- snip --------

boot.bif:

//arch = zynqmp; split = false; format = BIN
the_ROM_image:
{
[fsbl_config]a53_x64
[bootloader]./fsbl.elf
[destination_device = pl]./fpga.bit
[pmufw_image]./pmufw.elf
[destination_cpu = a53-0, exception_level = el-3, trustzone]../bl31_dbg.elf
[destination_cpu = a53-0, exception_level = el-2]../../u-boot-xlnx/u-boot.elf
}

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Zynqmp (ZU4EV): U-Boot not starting

Jump to solution

Ok, our fpga designer initialized (just initialized no data are transfered!?) a dma transfer to the ddr which seems to disturb the u-boot. Without that U-Boot is running now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Zynqmp (ZU4EV): U-Boot not starting

Jump to solution

Ok, our fpga designer initialized (just initialized no data are transfered!?) a dma transfer to the ddr which seems to disturb the u-boot. Without that U-Boot is running now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos