UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

amp dual ethernet

Explorer

amp dual ethernet

is there any example design/guide on setupt dual ethernet for zynq asymmetric multi processing. linux use eth0 while baremetal use eth1?  i look at the xapp1026,1078, and 1082 hooking up these app doesn't seem work properly

Xilinx Employee

Re: amp dual ethernet

@s002wjh

XAPP1078 has the similar details you are looking for.But it doesn't seam to have Ethernet interface for the baremetal interface.

Let me know if i understood your query incorrectly.

Multi-OS Support :http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Multi-OS+Support+(AMP+%26+Hypervisor)

-Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scholar

I'm assuming you want to use LWIP on the baremetal design but there's not many details here. I would get each design working separately (not at the same time) then work on integrating them together. You also don't say how the PHY is setup for the 2 MACs. This may not matter but it's an area to think about. Separate MDIOs makes it easy. Shared MDIO is likely not an issue but I'm not sure on that. Interrupts are the other area as the GIC has to be setup to give the eth1 interrupts to the 2nd CPU. You don't say if both using Zynq PS Ethernet or not. Caching of Ethernet buffers on the 2nd CPU is likely a problem as it can't use the L2 controller so I'd be careful in that area too. I think it's all do-able but does require some work and testing.

Thanks
John
Explorer

[ Edited ]

i did get each working separetly, but when running linux on core0, and baremetal 1026 on core1 it stuck at "if (!xemac_add.." function under main.c for xapp1026, could it be xemac setup conflict between linux and baremetal?

the 2nd ethnernet setup base on app1082 Zynq PS EMIO Ethernet SFP w/RJ45 (use 2nd eth1 from PS)