08-01-2017 05:55 AM
environment : Petalinux 2017.2 SDK with libcse support
EVM : ZC702 Rev 1.
1.When we create a new project in peta linux SDK tool. After creating new project it generated some default apps in /home/eldaas/Desktop/PetaLinux_2017.2.0/Demo_project_zynq/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-apps.
2. The Procedure to include and building the default apps is to include it in root fs by configuring rootfs.
3. By using cmd "petalinux-config -c rootfs" after this command we can see the root structure.
4. The selected app will be enabled and built it using cmd in Petalinux -build.
5. Now i am running it on qemu( emulator) but i am unable to find out where are executables went.
6. i created new module from scratch by petalinux-create -t module --name --enable
so that module is by default added to root system them i gave
petalinux build but now same i am unable to find out .ko file of module in qemu kernel file structure.
08-01-2017 09:42 PM
kernel modules.builtin.bin modules.order
modules.alias modules.dep modules.softdep
modules.alias.bin modules.dep.bin modules.symbols
modules.builtin modules.devname modules.symbols.bin
there is no repositery named extra
08-02-2017 07:20 AM
Sounds like the module is not being installed in your root filesystem image. Either it's not configured to be installed (check project-spec/configs/rootfs_config), or the rootfs image hasn't been rebuilt.
What commands are you using? Specifically, do you call 'petalinux-build' by itself with no additional parameters?