cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++

hi,

I am trying to run the c++ code on xilinx-linux using zed board.i installed ARM  cross compilers in linux( centOS )

compiler is arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++.

while i am poting on zed board it displays error like 

while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Your application cannot find a required shared library.

Either statically link your application by adding '-static' to the link commandline or you have to copy the shared libraries to your target file system to /lib/.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

hi,

I copied libstdc++.so.6  file to /lib folder .same error came.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It works for me.

Make sure you copy the actual library to the target. libstdc++.so.6 is just a symlink to the shared library object.

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            21 Jan  1 00:05 libstdc++.so -> ./libstdc++.so.6.0.16
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            21 Jan  1 00:05 libstdc++.so.6 -> ./libstdc++.so.6.0.16
-rwx------    1 root     root       1293109 Jan  1 00:04 libstdc++.so.6.0.16

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

And statically linking and not copying libraries around works for me, too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I installed libstdc++.so.6 by giving command like <yum whatprovides libstdc++.so.6>.so  in /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 and libstdc++.so.6.0.13 are there.

I tried to run simple Cpp program on xilinx-linix of zed board using ARM cross compilers(arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++ simple.cpp -o A.out)

I generated A.out file on linux using cross compilers.now i am trying to run on Zed board.

while i am porting it displays error like

libstdc++.so.6 missing 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Well, on an ARM platform, you need the shared lib compiled for ARM. Your host's libraries won't do any good on a Zynq platform (unless your host is ARM-based of course). The libraries are included with the x-compiler. Search its installation directory.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I had the same problem (missing libstdc++).  I had built my application using the ARM cross compiler toolchain in the CodeSourcery tools under CentOS.  The solution for me was to copy the libstdc++.so.6 file from the toolchain folder onto the ZedBoard into folder /usr/lib on the ZedBoard. 

I found the missing library file in this path of the CodeSourcery toolchain:

CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_Xilinx_GNU_Linux/arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

I also created a soft link to that file as libstdc++.so.0 in the /usr/lib folder.

My Zedboard currently boots a prebuilt ramdisk image so it wipes the slate clean each power up.  In other words, until I build my own ramdisk image, I need to copy the missing library file into /usr/lib as part of startup.

0 Kudos