Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samoaibo
Observer
Observer

booting from SD-Card

Jump to solution

I created a petalinux project using petalinux 2020.2. Created two partitions on the sd card: one 512 MB fat32, the other 14GB ext4. I selected the sd card to boot. Linux does not boot, the following messages are displayed in the log:

INIT: cannot execute "/etc/init.d/rcS"
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
INIT: cannot execute "/etc/init.d/rc"
INIT: cannot execute "/bin/start_getty"
INIT: cannot execute "/bin/xen_getty"

Petalinux 2019.2 works fine with the same parameters. How to solve this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aravindb

HI @samoaibo 

Looks rootfs not copied properly, Can you please extract the rootfs into card 2nd partition & run sync command  after copying it.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
aravindb

HI @samoaibo 

Looks rootfs not copied properly, Can you please extract the rootfs into card 2nd partition & run sync command  after copying it.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

samoaibo
Observer
Observer

Problem solved. Indeed, not all files were copied. Earlier in petalinux 2019.2 I copied files from sdk.sh to card 2nd partition and it worked. In petalinux 20.2, some files are missing in sdk.sh. For example, there was no /bin/sh. I copied the files from the archive .tar.gz and now it works. Thanks.

0 Kudos