Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tayloral
Adventurer
Adventurer

building QT for ZCU102

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to build QT on 64-bit ubuntu, so that I can cross-compile QT application for the ZCU102 with QT creator.  I've followed the wiki and this answer record.  Everything seems to work fine with only a couple of small changes for later versions.  QT is built without any issues.  

However, when I try to configure the kit in QT creator, I get an error that the compiler can not produce code for the QT version.  The compiler I'm using is /SDK/2017.1/gnu/arm/lin/bin/arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc with the ABI set to arm-linux-generic-elf-64bit (which I think is correct, it was set by me).  The QT version is the one I built (added from /ZYNQ_QT_INSTALL/bin/qmake) with the ABI auto-set to arm-linux-generic-elf-32bit.

The error seems to be correct, the compiler is 64 bit and the QT version 32 bit.  It seems to me the best solution is to build QT for 64 bit, as the board is 64 as well.  I don't see why it didn't build a 64 bit version though, I didn't set it anywhere and a 64-bit compiler should do this by default, right?

Does anyone know how to set the bitwidth for this build? Or is there a better procedure for cross-compiling QT applications?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeffsimpson
Explorer
Explorer

I think you want to use the aarch64- compiler/tools for the 64 bit arm on the zcu102.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jeffsimpson
Explorer
Explorer

I think you want to use the aarch64- compiler/tools for the 64 bit arm on the zcu102.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
tayloral
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for the reply.  I'll give it a go and update.

0 Kudos
a.amel
Visitor
Visitor
Hi, tayloral!

Can you give any details about building QT for ZCU102?

What cunfiguration did you use? What sysroot?
0 Kudos
tayloral
Adventurer
Adventurer

I did more or less what was in the guides I linked (it was a while a go).  The settings I'm currently using work (not necessarily perfectly), they're in attached images.  Most of the paths are auto-detected or defaults.  The compiler was a little awkward as I recal. 

compileQT.png

kitsQT.png

0 Kudos
desulmelionel
Observer
Observer

hey by any chance you could share your device folder qmake file settings. 

And the commands you passed when configuring Qt

0 Kudos
tayloral
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sorry no, it was quite a while ago, I've change versions of the SDK since and haven't built it with this one (and probably won't for a while at least).  Attached is my notes documentation on it.  Wasn't really meant for anyone else, so I'm not sure how clear it is.

0 Kudos