UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

compilation issues of logiCore video mixer v2.0 driver for linux

Hi

I am trying to compile logicore video mixer v2.0 driver for linux kernel. Accordingly

1)I have cloned following github repo

https://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx.git

2)I have checked out branch 2017.3_video_ea

during compilation I have faced with an issue. whereby linking with math functions like __udivi3 is failing.

My Hardware platform is zynq7035 (armv7-a based dual core processor)

I am using gcc cross compiler  from linaro version is    gcc version 7.3.1 20180425 [linaro-7.3-2018.05 revision d29120a424ecfbc167ef90065c0eeb7f91977701] (Linaro GCC 7.3-2018.05) .

The detailed compilation logs are as attached below-:

arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld -EL -p --no-undefined -X --pic-veneer --build-id -o .tmp_vmlinux1 -T ./arch/arm/kernel/vmlinux.lds arch/arm/kernel/head.o init/built-in.o --start-group usr/built-in.o arch/arm/kernel/built-in.o arch/arm/mm/built-in.o arch/arm/common/built-in.o arch/arm/probes/built-in.o arch/arm/net/built-in.o arch/arm/crypto/built-in.o arch/arm/firmware/built-in.o kernel/built-in.o certs/built-in.o mm/built-in.o fs/built-in.o ipc/built-in.o security/built-in.o crypto/built-in.o block/built-in.o arch/arm/lib/lib.a lib/lib.a arch/arm/lib/built-in.o lib/built-in.o drivers/built-in.o sound/built-in.o firmware/built-in.o net/built-in.o virt/built-in.o --end-group
drivers/built-in.o: In function `Si5324_RatApprox':
/home/prashant/development/logic_core_graphics/linux-xlnx/drivers/staging/xilinx/clk/si5324drv.c:45: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
/home/prashant/development/logic_core_graphics/linux-xlnx/drivers/staging/xilinx/clk/si5324drv.c:52: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
/home/prashant/development/logic_core_graphics/linux-xlnx/drivers/staging/xilinx/clk/si5324drv.c:56: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `Si5324_FindN2ls':
/home/prashant/development/logic_core_graphics/linux-xlnx/drivers/staging/xilinx/clk/si5324drv.c:95: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
/home/prashant/development/logic_core_graphics/linux-xlnx/drivers/staging/xilinx/clk/si5324drv.c:95: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
/home/prashant/development/logic_core_graphics/linux-xlnx/drivers/staging/xilinx/clk/si5324drv.c:124: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
/home/prashant/development/logic_core_graphics/linux-xlnx/drivers/staging/xilinx/clk/si5324drv.c:126: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
drivers/built-in.o:/home/prashant/development/logic_core_graphics/linux-xlnx/drivers/staging/xilinx/clk/si5324drv.c:189: more undefined references to `__udivdi3' follow
drivers/built-in.o: In function `Si5324_CalcFreqSettings':
/home/prashant/development/logic_core_graphics/linux-xlnx/drivers/staging/xilinx/clk/si5324drv.c:312: undefined reference to `__divdi3'
/home/prashant/development/logic_core_graphics/linux-xlnx/drivers/staging/xilinx/clk/si5324drv.c:316: undefined reference to `__divdi3'

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: compilation issues of logiCore video mixer v2.0 driver for linux

Hi Prashanth

Can you try on 2018.1 branch (git checkout remotes/origin/xlnx_rebase_v4.14) where the mixer driver has been pushed into the kernel of this version

I have tried at our end and didnt see any errors with 2018.1 branch

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos

Re: compilation issues of logiCore video mixer v2.0 driver for linux

I kind of made it work , replacing the those mod/div functions from linux legacy code.

0 Kudos