UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

compiling errors SDK application with petalinux 2018.2

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to develop an app in sdk using  the generated libraries in petalinux runing:

petalinux-build --sdk

petalinux-package --sysroot

I added the paths:

Untitled2.jpgUntitled.jpg

And I'm having the next errors:

Invoking: ARM v8 Linux gcc linker
aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc -L"/home/myuser/hdl/dev/Petalinux_test/Petalinux/uz7ev_evcc_2018_2/images/linux/sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux/usr/lib" -L"/home/myuser/hdl/dev/Petalinux_test/Petalinux/uz7ev_evcc_2018_2/images/linux/sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux/lib" -o "TestCamApi.elf"  ./src/helloworld.o   -lm
/home/myuser/opt/Xilinx/SDK/2018.2/gnu/aarch64/lin/aarch64-linux/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/7.2.1/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find /lib/libc.so.6
/home/myuser/opt/Xilinx/SDK/2018.2/gnu/aarch64/lin/aarch64-linux/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/7.2.1/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a
makefile:36: recipe for target 'TestCamApi.elf' failed
/home/myuser/opt/Xilinx/SDK/2018.2/gnu/aarch64/lin/aarch64-linux/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/7.2.1/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [TestCamApi.elf] Error 1

I followed the steps here  and the solution on similar post issue here and nothing worked.

It looks like it is missing the Miscellaneous Linker Flags, but I can not find the correct path/file to add, I looked in the above links and in this AR#69159 .

Every time I'm adding the sysroot path to theMiscellaneous Linker Flags, for instance:

--sysroot = "/home/myuser/hdl/dev/Petalinux_test/Petalinux/uz7ev_evcc_2018_2/images/linux/sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux"

I've got the error "file not recognised: Is a directory" and the errors change:

/home/myuser/opt/Xilinx/SDK/2018.2/gnu/aarch64/lin/aarch64-linux/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/7.2.1/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
/home/myuser/opt/Xilinx/SDK/2018.2/gnu/aarch64/lin/aarch64-linux/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/7.2.1/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/home/myuser/hdl/dev/Petalinux_test/Petalinux/uz7ev_evcc_2018_2/images/linux/sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux: file not recognised: Is a directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm lost with this because I don't know what to add to the linker flag option, and I cannot find the plnx_aarch64 file as suggested in the AR......

Any suggestions?

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: compiling errors SDK application with petalinux 2018.2

Jump to solution

Hi @shabbirk , thanks for your reply.

Yes, I tried to modify the paths as is mentioned in that thread but it didn't work till now because I had another path in Linker Miscellaneous which made a conflict, so what did the trick is to leave the Miscellaneous linker path blank. I've got it working now with only this line in the Linker Libraries (as suggested):

"/home/myuser/hdl/dev/Petalinux_test/Petalinux/uz7ev_evcc_2018_2/images/linux/sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux"

And removing any --sysroot=<path> from Linker Miscellaneous

3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I've also had a look to this thread and tried to implement @stephenm suggestions, but unfortunatelly I'm still having same errors... 

I looked for the "missing" libraries (like the libc.so.6) and they are in the correct sysroot folder path but XSDK cannot find them....

Is it a known problem with the 2018.2 tools? 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi

Please refer to below thread. you need to change the library path as mentioned

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Develop-Linux-app-with-Xilinx-XSDK-and-Petalinux-2018-2-rootfs/td-p/903024

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @shabbirk , thanks for your reply.

Yes, I tried to modify the paths as is mentioned in that thread but it didn't work till now because I had another path in Linker Miscellaneous which made a conflict, so what did the trick is to leave the Miscellaneous linker path blank. I've got it working now with only this line in the Linker Libraries (as suggested):

"/home/myuser/hdl/dev/Petalinux_test/Petalinux/uz7ev_evcc_2018_2/images/linux/sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux"

And removing any --sysroot=<path> from Linker Miscellaneous