UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga manager missing firmware entry

Jump to solution

Hello,

I built an image for a zedboard two days ago (I only use Buildroot), 

the kernel version is 4.16, so it's no longer a linux-xlnx. The FPGA manager driver is active (not as a module) and is probed properly. The devicetree is the one that came with the kernel (fpga-full node is there and so is devcfg).

The /sys/class/fpga_manager/fpga0 entry exists but the firmware entry is missing so I cannot flash the PL.

Do you have any explanations for this issue? what am I missing?

I quickly tried to use a 4.9 linux-xlnx kernel and a 2017.something too but without any success, I need to spend more time on this, I might be able to downgrade to a previous version working with xdevcfg

thank you

G.W.,
NIST - Time Frequency metrology
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: fpga manager missing firmware entry

Jump to solution
This was actually easy to solve, there was a conflict between xdevcfg & fpga-manager because I activated both of them in the kernel and they both refer to the same device tree node.

So I'm now running on a 2017.something kernel (still a linux-xlnx) and only use the fpga-manager driver, I guess the next update will be a proper mainline kernel
G.W.,
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: fpga manager missing firmware entry

Jump to solution
This was actually easy to solve, there was a conflict between xdevcfg & fpga-manager because I activated both of them in the kernel and they both refer to the same device tree node.

So I'm now running on a 2017.something kernel (still a linux-xlnx) and only use the fpga-manager driver, I guess the next update will be a proper mainline kernel
G.W.,
0 Kudos