Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

fpga_manager "pretending" to write firmware, but doesn't appear to

Jump to solution

I'm running petalinux 2017.3 on a ZCU102.  I have a firmware image that has a FPGA build timestamp in it.  I load my linux device driver that reads the timestamp from the PL and prints it to the screen with a kernel console print statement.

I load the firmware with uboot, normally. I'd prefer to load it later in the boot, but when  I tried to remove the fpga file from the process, my boot hangs... that investigation continues.

Later, when linux is running, I try to overwrite the FPGA with a different image.  In this case, I'm using an older image, with an older timesstamp, just to see if the process works.

The process appears to work, however, the timestamp hasn't changed.  Therefore, it looks like the tools are telling me they successfully overwrote the firmware, whereas they actually did nothing.

root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_3:/# cp design_1_wrapper3.bit.bin /lib/firmware/

root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_3:/# echo 0 > /sys/class/fpga_manager/fpga0/flags

root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_3:~# echo design_1_wrapper3.bit.bin > /sys/class/fpga_manager/fpga0/firmware
[ 2006.114140] fpga_manager fpga0: writing design_1_wrapper3.bit.bin to Xilinx ZynqMP FPGA Manager

root@xilinx-zcu102-2017_3:~# cat /sys/class/fpga_manager/fpga0/state
operating

I do the above, and the firmware timestamp still appears to be the same.

Is there something I'm missing...?  Somethingg else I have to do to make the firmware write take place?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: fpga_manager "pretending" to write firmware, but doesn't appear to

Jump to solution

I'm ashamed and puzzled to say that things are working now.  I must have had an error in my process.  Please disregard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: fpga_manager "pretending" to write firmware, but doesn't appear to

Jump to solution

I'm ashamed and puzzled to say that things are working now.  I must have had an error in my process.  Please disregard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos