Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

freertos901_xilinx - FreeRTOSConfig.h

Hello,

I am hoping someone could help me out here, what I want to do is very simple but it just does not seem to want to cooperate. I am using FreeRTOS with lwip, I started with the lwip Echo demo and moved on from there. What I am trying to do is configure the FreeRTOSConfig.h header file, in specifically: #define configSUPPORT_STATIC_ALLOCATION 1.

The FreeRTOSConfig.h always comes pre-made when I start my application through SDK and at the top it states

* CAUTION: This file is automatically generated by HSI.
* Version:
* DO NOT EDIT.

However I need to edit this to use the FreeRTOS properly. So whenever I add or change something and save it, it reverts back to it's default setting. My question is why can I not edit this header file which governs the extent of my program?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Regards,

Mageo17 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Have you gotten any replies on this. I am trying to use the uxTaskGetStackHighWater function and need to modify the FreeRTOSConfig.h file and it keeps reverting, as you described.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The  FreeRTOSConfig.h is created dynamically during BSP creation via the freertos901_xilinx_v1_1\data\freertos901_xilinx.tcl

For example:

set config_file [xopen_new_include_file "./src/FreeRTOSConfig.h" "FreeRTOS Configuration parameters"]
puts $config_file "\#include \"xparameters.h\" \n"

If you guys want to change this file, then you should make a local copy of the freertos, and make the changes here.

For example:

Copy the folder here:

SDK\2017.4\data\embeddedsw\ThirdParty\bsp\freertos901_xilinx_v1_1

Into a local repo

<local path>/repo/bsp/freertos901_xilinx_v1_1

Note: the hierarchy is needed here

Then make your mods to the TCL file, and then in the SDK. Xilinx -> Repositories, select New and point to repo.

For example:
puts $config_file "\#include \"xparameters.h\" \n"

puts $config_file "\#include \"blaa blaa.h\" \n"

Note: Beware of the TCL syntax. for example, above the \ are used to tell TCL about special characters

You may need to regenerate the BSP to detect the changes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

The steps given for copying FreeRTOS as a local repo were very helpful.  I was trying to achieve the same thing as OP.  I would extend the answer to mention that many of the lines in the *.tcl file to generate FreeRTOSConfig.h have lines like the following:

set val [common::get_property CONFIG.use_preemption $os_handle]
if {$val == "false"} {
 xput_define $config_file "configUSE_PREEMPTION" "0"
} else {
 xput_define $config_file "configUSE_PREEMPTION" "1"
}

It took me a little while to figure out that these CONFIG.* properties are set in the SDK in the "Board Support Package Settings" dialog.  This can be accessed from menu Xilinx | Board Support Package Settings or by right-click on BSP in project navigator pane.  And it appears that you cannot add new ones into the dialog, so modifying the *.tcl file is the only option that I see.

0 Kudos