UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

initramfs_complete.cpio.gz for Little Endian?

The MicroBlaze Linux General wiki page references two prebuilt ramdisk images being available.  One without shared library support, initramfs_minimal.cpio.gz, and one with shared library support initramfs_complete.cpio.gz.  The MicroBlaze Linux Little Endian wiki only references the initramfs_minimal_le.cpio.gz that is included with the MicroBlaze GNU Tools.

Is there a initramfs_complete_le.cpio.gz available from Xilinx?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: initramfs_complete.cpio.gz for Little Endian?

Hi ,

initramfs_complete_le.cpio.gzis not availiable in our git repository

Regards

Madhubala

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Visitor daches82
Visitor

Hi,

i have a couple of questions,

I try to install u-boot but I can not build it whit cross compiler of microblaze_v1.0_le.  is there any problem in order to build it whit this cross compiler?

I also try to install microblaze_v.10 but is not posible to uncompress the file mb_gnu_tools_bin.tar.bz, please could you ckeck it?

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Visitor santonop
Visitor

Can someone explain the difference between complete and minimal initrams??

When should I compile the kernel with complete and when with the minimal initrams???

Thanks in advance 

Santonop

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

initramfs_minimal.cpio.gz is a prebuilt ramdisk image that Xilinx provides to get you started with a basic or bare bones Linux system.  It contains a minimal set of files that are required to boot and run the Linux kernel on MicroBlaze.  For a Little Endian MicroBlaze system, Xilinx only provides the minimal image and not one (initramfs_complete.cpio.gz like on the PowerPC Linux kernel) with more libraries or modules added to it for more Linux functionality.

0 Kudos