cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

initramfs_complete.cpio.gz for Little Endian?

The MicroBlaze Linux General wiki page references two prebuilt ramdisk images being available.  One without shared library support, initramfs_minimal.cpio.gz, and one with shared library support initramfs_complete.cpio.gz.  The MicroBlaze Linux Little Endian wiki only references the initramfs_minimal_le.cpio.gz that is included with the MicroBlaze GNU Tools.

Is there a initramfs_complete_le.cpio.gz available from Xilinx?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: initramfs_complete.cpio.gz for Little Endian?

Hi ,

initramfs_complete_le.cpio.gzis not availiable in our git repository

Regards

Madhubala

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

i have a couple of questions,

I try to install u-boot but I can not build it whit cross compiler of microblaze_v1.0_le.  is there any problem in order to build it whit this cross compiler?

I also try to install microblaze_v.10 but is not posible to uncompress the file mb_gnu_tools_bin.tar.bz, please could you ckeck it?

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Can someone explain the difference between complete and minimal initrams??

When should I compile the kernel with complete and when with the minimal initrams???

Thanks in advance 

Santonop

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

initramfs_minimal.cpio.gz is a prebuilt ramdisk image that Xilinx provides to get you started with a basic or bare bones Linux system.  It contains a minimal set of files that are required to boot and run the Linux kernel on MicroBlaze.  For a Little Endian MicroBlaze system, Xilinx only provides the minimal image and not one (initramfs_complete.cpio.gz like on the PowerPC Linux kernel) with more libraries or modules added to it for more Linux functionality.

0 Kudos