cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

locale on Petalinux 17.2

Anybody know how to get "locale" installed on a Petalinux 17.2 system?

I think locale can be part of busybox, but busybox depends on the libc.   Might require some libc change first.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: locale on Petalinux 17.2

Hi @leith ,

Normally you can list locale values with "locale" command on Linux.

bluetiger@Attila-Laptop:~$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

I think, you have a build problem related with locale, that's why you are asking.

There is another thread related with locale.

It has a problem and solution like that:

he problem is caused by an incompatibility between Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (probably some updated library) and the Python 3.5 included in Yocto / PetaLinux.

Regards,

Saban 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: locale on Petalinux 17.2

Yes, if I utter "locale" on my build host, the command is found and I get an output similar to what you've posted.

If I utter "locale" on my target embedded system, the command is not found.   I'm attempting to include the locale command in what I'm building for my target embedded system.

I've figured out a few things.   "locale" is part of glibc.  Petalinux 17.2 uses glibc, I think with the "eglibc" configuration.   That is, its glibc optimized for embedded applications.

I believe what I want is included in the Petaliux distribution, but its a matter of configuring Petalinux to build glibc with locale.

I've looked a little at glibc, and that's a mountain I'd rather not climb.   Perhaps someone knows the incantations necessary to convince Petalinux to include locale?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos