UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

nand flash driver (mtd)

I'd like to write a c code to drive my nand flash under uclinux. The file system is YAFFS. There's only nor flash on the board(spartan-3a). The nand flash memory is connected by the FX2. I have seen the code for arm nand flash, but I still have no idea. Any advice? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Visitor cyber83
Visitor

Re: nand flash driver (mtd)

I have the same problem too !!!

0 Kudos
Observer c.gianni
Observer

I also have a similar problem, I need to interface a MT29F2G08 of Micron to my Virtex5 FX130. I managed to do this in a standalone application using a controller from Micron, here the interface on the ppc is an asyncronous SRAM with the dimension of a memory page.

Now is there any driver under OSL linux that supports this ONFI flash?

If not, is it so hard to write a driver on my own?

0 Kudos
Observer c.gianni
Observer

I've done some searching and I have understood that the better way to connect to NAND flash on my board is to use GPIO and link to mtd. now all I need to know is: what are the files in the kernel that I need to edit in order to link my custom GPIO connection to the NAND drivers, got any clue??

0 Kudos
Observer c.gianni
Observer

I'm going further on this problem. In order to link GPIO to mtd it seems that I have to do something with my device tree file, but I can't find anything on google, could anyone help me?

0 Kudos