UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor conjam
Visitor

no /dev/xlnk in prebuilt linux image

Hey y'all,

For my current project, I'm using the zcu102 board.

I downloaded the prebuilt ubuntu image from this link: https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842112/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Ubuntu+part+1+-+Running+the+Pre-Built+Ubuntu+Image+and+Power+Advantage+Tool.

I've tried to interact with the FPGA, but when I try to, I find that my syscall trace reveals an issue: 

openat(AT_FDCWD, "/dev/xlnk", O_RDWR)   = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

As you would imagine, /dev/xlnk does not exist

This image fits my needs in many ways, as I can use a package manager for downloading the tools I need (namely keras). However, I have run across the issue that the xlnk driver for this image doesn't appear to exist. I understand that I could create my own petalinux image, although I'd like to avoid that.

I see that there is a directory that exists: 

/sys/bus/platform/drivers/xlnk

I can't really figure out if interacting with this directory can create the xlnk device driver

Does anyone had similar troubles? I figure I could build xlnk.ko and insmod it, but it seems like an awful lot of work, given the limited support for this on the zcu102 board.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos