UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

openVPN in petalinux

Can anybody please explain how to include a third party application like openVPN to the linux image generated by petalinux 2016.4?

I see that to include openSSL and necessary libraries you have to manually edit the petalinux install (see this), but I can't figure out how to include openVPN. And it seems like there must be another way to do it besides manually creating a new project and building it from source.

I would also like to replicate this for other "standard" linux GNUtilities. 

Could someone please point me to a resource or tutorial that could help be get openVPN as an application in my petalinux image?

Thanks!

Brett 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: openVPN in petalinux

anybody? Please?

This seems like a fairly straightforward thing to ask...isn't this why the petalinux tools were created?

0 Kudos
Visitor jannik.mahr
Visitor

Re: openVPN in petalinux

I am having the same problem and I would be grateful if someone from Xilinx would answer this.

One of the main reason for using Yocto is having access to its library of recipes. There has to be a straight forward way to add a standard application like OpenVPN to a petalinux build.

0 Kudos