UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer j_ney
Observer

opencl mali gpu Petalinux zcu102

Jump to solution

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to implement a small application that uses the Mali GPU to calculate some values. 

I'm running Petalinux on the Arm CPU and want to interact with the GPU.

Is OpenCL the easiest way to communicate between GPU and CPU?

I'm not sure how to set it up, I activated all drivers and libraries that seem to have to do someting with mali, gpu or opencl in the config rootfs and config kernel.  Then I created a simple application but I wasn't sure how to include the opencl header files (include <CL> and <opencl> doesnt work).

Where can I find any resources regarding this topic? I couldn't find anything helpfull with Google.

I would be very glad if someone can help me with those questions.

Thanks for any reply! 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant eejlny
Participant

Re: opencl mali gpu Petalinux zcu102

Jump to solution

Hello,

My two cents,

Notice that the Mali400 available in the ZCU102 is not OpenCL capable. So if you are trying to execute some OpenCL code in the Mali400 is not going to work. It cannot be used for GPGPU computing and it is programmable via OpenGL. I do not think it is possible to assign it some work from the CPU and then get results back into the CPU. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Participant eejlny
Participant

Jump to solution

Hello,

My two cents,

Notice that the Mali400 available in the ZCU102 is not OpenCL capable. So if you are trying to execute some OpenCL code in the Mali400 is not going to work. It cannot be used for GPGPU computing and it is programmable via OpenGL. I do not think it is possible to assign it some work from the CPU and then get results back into the CPU. 

0 Kudos
Observer j_ney
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply!

I think your right, OpenCL is not supportet by the Mali GPU and OpenGL is hard to use for calculations that have nothing to do with graphics, I think it's just a waste of time if I'll go on with trying this. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,can you list the drivers and libraries you have activated.

0 Kudos