UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

peta-linux way of specifying a device tree and rootfs

Jump to solution

I have a custom base device-tree that I like to use for all of my picoczed projects. Is there a way to tell peta-linux to use a specific device tree? Right now I copy my device tree source files to subsystems/linux/configs/device-tree. Is there a "better" way of doing this?

And while we're at it, I have configuration files for the rootfs that are common across projects, any way to get those automatically added in without copying them to build/linux/rootfs/targetroot?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

Re: peta-linux way of specifying a device tree and rootfs

Jump to solution

To modify the auto-generated devicetree you should add sections in system-top.dts.

To add files to the rootfs you should add a prebuilt application project component. See UG1144.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

Re: peta-linux way of specifying a device tree and rootfs

Jump to solution

To modify the auto-generated devicetree you should add sections in system-top.dts.

To add files to the rootfs you should add a prebuilt application project component. See UG1144.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos