UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie dwallis

petalinux 2017.2 - can't use openssh instead of dropbear

My last post seemed to disappear so I am re-posting my issue.  This concerns the petalinux 2017.2 release for the zcu102 board.

When I disable all dropbear references in petalinux-config -c rootfs, the petalinux-build still attempts to include it.

In 2016.4, I was able to disable all dropbear references and enable openssh instead.

When I try this with 2017.2, the build process gives me this error:

Computing transaction...error: Can't install packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear-1.0-r1@all: unable to install provider for dropbear:
error: dropbear-2016.74-r0@aarch64 is conflicted by openssh-7.3p1-r0@aarch64

I have verified all dropbear references have been disabled from the rootfs configuration:

Symbol: dropbear [=n]

Symbol: dropbear-dbg [=n]

Symbol: dropbear-dev [=n]

Symbol: dropbear-openssh-sftp-server [=n]

Symbol: packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear [=n]

Symbol: packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear-dbg [=n]

I saw this same issue with 2017.1, but was hoping it would be fixed in 2017.2...  Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: petalinux 2017.2 - can't use openssh instead of dropbear

I've got the same problem.  Any update?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I went into:

meta-petalinux/recipes-core/images/petalinux-image-common.inc 

and deleted ssh-server-dropbear from the COMMON_FEATURES variable.  Rebuilt it and things are what I expect now.

Contributor
Contributor

Confirmed the previous reply fixes the issue. Only additional comment is the full path to the file is:

$PATH_TO_PETALINUX_INSTALL/components/yocto/sources/aarch64/layers/meta-petalinux/recipes-core/images/petalinux-image-common.inc 

Contributor
Contributor

One thing that should also work... Add the following line to <project>/project-spec/meta-user/conf/layer.conf:

COMMON_FEATURES_remove = "ssh-server-dropbear"

This way the Petalinux installation directory doesn't have to be modified. Then you should be able to add openssh (ie, IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " openssh") without conflict.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

> add this  IMAGE_FEATURES_remove += "ssh-server-dropbear" in meta-user/conf/petalinuxbsp.conf

>  unselect packagegroup-dropbear, select openssh and openssh-server  from petalinux-config -c rootfs

0 Kudos