Adventurer
Adventurer

petalinux 2019.2 - qt5 qtwebengine

Hello support

Is it possible to compile QT5 qtwebengine with petalinux 2019.2

when I tried to build it with this command "petalinux-build -c qtwebengine"

it fails 

on Error

| ERROR: Feature 'webengine-system-ffmpeg' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'libs.webengine-ffmpeg && features.webengine-system-opus && features.webengine-system-libwebp' failed.

Then I found in yocto that it need to add in petalinuxbsp.conf the support for libwebp and opus as following

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtwebengine = " libwebp opus vpx"

But then it fails on 

g++: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-std=c++14’

Likely it use the host compiler which is an old gcc version 4.8 that doesn't support c++14, but why petalinux is using suddendly the host computer?

=== Log for first compilation and after adding PACKAGECONFIG attached ===

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ericzerbib
Adventurer
Adventurer

While any response have been post,

I can provide more information and give a self answer on the question I asked before

Yes the native gcc compiler is used to compile 3rdparty code of qtwebengine that is achieve by patch given with qt5/qtwebengine_git.bb recipies called 

0001-Force-host-toolchain-configuration.patch

to workaround the problem I have compiled from the source gcc-8 and have linked

gcc ---> /opt/gcc-8/bin/gcc

g++ ---> /opt/gcc-8/bin/g++

and libstdc++.so.6 ---> /opt/gcc-8/lib64/libstdc++.so.6

and rebuild the package 

by running 

petalinux-build -c qtwebengine

without forget to add the following line in petalinuxbsp.conf

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtwebengine = " libwebp opus vpx"

[ezerbib@krnd4 zcu106-vcu-trd-2019.2]$ petalinux-build -c qtwebengine
[INFO] building qtwebengine
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
[INFO] generating user layers
[INFO] generating workspace directory
INFO: bitbake qtwebengine
Loading cache: 100% |###########################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:01
Loaded 3985 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |#########################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:05
Parsing of 2899 .bb files complete (2897 cached, 2 parsed). 3986 targets, 154 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks: 100% |######################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:02
Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |##############################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:00
Sstate summary: Wanted 176 Found 91 Missed 170 Current 1064 (51% match, 93% complete)
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3585 tasks of which 3575 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.
INFO: Copying Images from deploy to images
NOTE: copy to TFTP-boot directory is not enabled !!
[INFO] successfully built qtwebengine

0 Kudos