UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

petalinux-boot failed

Jump to solution

I'm trying to use "petalinux-boot --jtag --u-boot" to boot u-boot on my board. But failed. Anybody can help? 

My board is an zynq ultrascale+ device.  Vivado 2017.4 is installed on ubuntu 16.04.  Ubuntu is installed by VMware Workstation.  The JTAG cable i'm using is Xilinx's Platform Cable USB II.  I'm not sure if the cable driver have been correctly installed. How to confirm this? 

peta.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: petalinux-boot failed

Jump to solution

@stephenm, Thank you!

I tried. XSCT can't detect "targets". I checked the cable. The cable connection is good because if i switch the connection from Ubuntu back to Windows, the Vivado in Windows can detect the cable. 

Then, I tried to CD into the folder "/opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/data/xicom/cable_drivers/lin64/install_script/install_drivers "

Then, "./install_drivers".  

After the installation, disconnect and reconnect the cable inside ubuntu, the XSCT can detect the "targets" now. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Can you connect to the board using XSCT:

connect

targets

Make sure you can see the chain here. If not, then the issue might be with the cable connetion on your ubuntu machine.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@stephenm, Thank you!

I tried. XSCT can't detect "targets". I checked the cable. The cable connection is good because if i switch the connection from Ubuntu back to Windows, the Vivado in Windows can detect the cable. 

Then, I tried to CD into the folder "/opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/data/xicom/cable_drivers/lin64/install_script/install_drivers "

Then, "./install_drivers".  

After the installation, disconnect and reconnect the cable inside ubuntu, the XSCT can detect the "targets" now. 

0 Kudos