UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

petalinux-boot with JTAG, no supported FPGA device found

Hi guys,

I'm trying to boot the ZCU102 via JTAG after packaging my images. I specify the bitstream and u-boot using --fpga <dir> and --u-boot <dir> and after 'INFO: Configuring the FPGA...' and 'INFO: Downloading bitstream to the target' I get the 'No supported FPGA device found' message.

I figured this might be due to cable drivers, but I attempted to install them and was told the files were less recent than what I already had. So I checked /dev with diff, with and without the UART and JTAG cables plugged in, which showed differences in the output, so I am assuming the cables/drivers are fine. One thing that I think might cause an issue is that my Vivado installation is webpack only on my Ubuntu/petalinux system, and the ZCU102 is not included in webpack licensing. Could this be the cause of my issues or something else? Thanks - I've uploaded a 'log' I generated

--- Estimated Development time: 2*Pi*(planned completion date) ---
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: petalinux-boot with JTAG, no supported FPGA device found

you must have valid license . Can you please share log file. you must not able to run implementation steps if you are using non webpack design . You can try with supported device
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: petalinux-boot with JTAG, no supported FPGA device found

Hi @balkris I made the .hdf file for my design with a valid license on a different computer. Are you saying that petalinux itself must be connected to a valid license?
Thanks
--- Estimated Development time: 2*Pi*(planned completion date) ---
0 Kudos