Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

petalinux-build ERROR: Function failed: do_compile

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to create petalinux boot image for Ultra 96 board, following the steps shown in this link:

https://www.96boards.org/documentation/consumer/ultra96/build/peta-linux.md.html

I was able to create the project successfully, but when it came to building the project, I had the following error (Kindly note that <<Path>> is used to make the entire path shorter):

$petalinux-build

[INFO] building project
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image
Loading cache...done.
Loaded 3460 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes...done.
Parsing of 2569 .bb files complete (2534 cached, 35 parsed). 3461 targets, 133 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
WARNING: No recipes available for:
  <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-image.bbappend
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks...done.
Checking sstate mirror object availability...done.
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
NOTE: Running task 4489 of 10078 (<<Path>>/petalinux/system/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/core/meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox_1.24.1.bb:do_install_ptest_base)
NOTE: Running task 4825 of 10078 (<<Path>>/petalinux/system/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile)
NOTE: recipe busybox-1.24.1-r0: task do_install_ptest_base: Started
NOTE: recipe device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0: task do_compile: Started
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| system-top.dtb: ERROR (phandle_references): Reference to non-existent node or label "misc_clk_0"
| 
| system-top.dtb: ERROR (phandle_references): Reference to non-existent node or label "misc_clk_0"
| 
| 
| ERROR: Input tree has errors, aborting (use -f to force output)
| WARNING: <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/run.do_compile.3943:1 exit 2 from 'dtc -I dts -O dtb -R 8 -p 0x1000 -b 0 -i <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree -i <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work-shared/ultra96-zynqmp/kernel-source/include -i <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work-shared/ultra96-zynqmp/kernel-source/arch/arm64/boot/dts/xilinx -i <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work-shared/ultra96-zynqmp/kernel-source/include -i <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0 -o ${DTS_NAME}.dtb `basename ${DTS_FILE}`.pp'
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/log.do_compile.3943)
NOTE: recipe device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0: task do_compile: Failed
NOTE: recipe busybox-1.24.1-r0: task do_install_ptest_base: Succeeded
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5003 tasks of which 5001 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
  <<Path>>/petalinux/system/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
ERROR: device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/log.do_compile.3943)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/log.do_compile.3943
ERROR: Task (<<Path>>/petalinux/system/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: Failed to build project

I am using Ubunut 16.04, Xilinx Vivado 2018.3, and Xilinx PetaLinux 2018.3. The Board BSP file is 2018.2. I have not done anything different from the steps shown in the web page.

1- I cannot understand what is the situation? So, I hope someone would help me understand the issue.

2- I also would like to know how to solve the solution, given that this is my first experience ever with petalinux.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: petalinux-build ERROR: Function failed: do_compile

Jump to solution

HI @asobeih

Could you please use the 2018.3 BSP file only instead of 2018.2 while creating the petalinux project, as you are using the petalinux 2018.3 SW.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

HI @asobeih

Could you please use the 2018.3 BSP file only instead of 2018.2 while creating the petalinux project, as you are using the petalinux 2018.3 SW.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@aravindb It worked. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos