UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

petalinux-build ERROR: Function failed: do_compile

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to create petalinux boot image for Ultra 96 board, following the steps shown in this link:

https://www.96boards.org/documentation/consumer/ultra96/build/peta-linux.md.html

I was able to create the project successfully, but when it came to building the project, I had the following error (Kindly note that <<Path>> is used to make the entire path shorter):

$petalinux-build

[INFO] building project
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image
Loading cache...done.
Loaded 3460 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes...done.
Parsing of 2569 .bb files complete (2534 cached, 35 parsed). 3461 targets, 133 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
WARNING: No recipes available for:
  <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-image.bbappend
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks...done.
Checking sstate mirror object availability...done.
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
NOTE: Running task 4489 of 10078 (<<Path>>/petalinux/system/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/core/meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox_1.24.1.bb:do_install_ptest_base)
NOTE: Running task 4825 of 10078 (<<Path>>/petalinux/system/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile)
NOTE: recipe busybox-1.24.1-r0: task do_install_ptest_base: Started
NOTE: recipe device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0: task do_compile: Started
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| system-top.dtb: ERROR (phandle_references): Reference to non-existent node or label "misc_clk_0"
| 
| system-top.dtb: ERROR (phandle_references): Reference to non-existent node or label "misc_clk_0"
| 
| 
| ERROR: Input tree has errors, aborting (use -f to force output)
| WARNING: <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/run.do_compile.3943:1 exit 2 from 'dtc -I dts -O dtb -R 8 -p 0x1000 -b 0 -i <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree -i <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work-shared/ultra96-zynqmp/kernel-source/include -i <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work-shared/ultra96-zynqmp/kernel-source/arch/arm64/boot/dts/xilinx -i <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work-shared/ultra96-zynqmp/kernel-source/include -i <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0 -o ${DTS_NAME}.dtb `basename ${DTS_FILE}`.pp'
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/log.do_compile.3943)
NOTE: recipe device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0: task do_compile: Failed
NOTE: recipe busybox-1.24.1-r0: task do_install_ptest_base: Succeeded
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5003 tasks of which 5001 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
  <<Path>>/petalinux/system/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
ERROR: device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/log.do_compile.3943)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: <<Path>>/petalinux/system/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2018.2/build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/log.do_compile.3943
ERROR: Task (<<Path>>/petalinux/system/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: Failed to build project

I am using Ubunut 16.04, Xilinx Vivado 2018.3, and Xilinx PetaLinux 2018.3. The Board BSP file is 2018.2. I have not done anything different from the steps shown in the web page.

1- I cannot understand what is the situation? So, I hope someone would help me understand the issue.

2- I also would like to know how to solve the solution, given that this is my first experience ever with petalinux.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: petalinux-build ERROR: Function failed: do_compile

Jump to solution

HI @asobeih

Could you please use the 2018.3 BSP file only instead of 2018.2 while creating the petalinux project, as you are using the petalinux 2018.3 SW.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

HI @asobeih

Could you please use the 2018.3 BSP file only instead of 2018.2 while creating the petalinux project, as you are using the petalinux 2018.3 SW.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@aravindb It worked. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos