Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

petalinux-config : configuration without GUI

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

I have no proper problem, I just would like to make creation/config/build/package/boot of my petalinux project into a script. I would like to know how to configure my project without opening the petalinux-config GUI. Should I directly modify the configuration file (/project-spec/configs/config) by paching it? 

Thank you,

CA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer
You need to configure it one time and that configuration should be committed in version control. When you create the config it should also create a config.old(not sure if this does this if you only config once but you can copy it at that point). After you have the config.old you can use the switch --oldconfig or --silentconfig, depending on the petalinux version, to avoid opening up the menuconfig.
I guess if you were trying to build multiple config in a single project you could patch or copy the version you want to the config.old.
jeff

jeff

jeff

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer
You need to configure it one time and that configuration should be committed in version control. When you create the config it should also create a config.old(not sure if this does this if you only config once but you can copy it at that point). After you have the config.old you can use the switch --oldconfig or --silentconfig, depending on the petalinux version, to avoid opening up the menuconfig.
I guess if you were trying to build multiple config in a single project you could patch or copy the version you want to the config.old.
jeff

jeff

jeff

View solution in original post

Visitor
Visitor

Yes ! Thank you for your help !

When you create the petalinux project, as you said, you do not have any config.old file. I just had to copy my config file into /project-spec/configs/ and rename it "config.old".

Then execute "petalinux-config --get-hw-description=/<path-to-xsa>/ --oldconfig" and it seems to work without opening the GUI. Thanks

0 Kudos