UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

petalinux for standalone build ?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to use petalinux with standalone build for kernel and u-boot ?

And another question , after petalinux-build finished I don't find any rootfs directory as I usually find with yocto build.

Why is it missing ?

Thank you,

ranran

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: petalinux for standalone build ?

Jump to solution

Im not sure if I understand this question, is it possible to use standalone build for kernel and uboot.

Do, you mean can use use the fsbl,pmufw, images from standalone bsp in SDK with your kernel? if so, technically yes,but

I wouldnt recommend it, as the images need to have matching release builds, or you may see issues during boot. 

You can see all the directories in table A-2:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: petalinux for standalone build ?

Jump to solution

Im not sure if I understand this question, is it possible to use standalone build for kernel and uboot.

Do, you mean can use use the fsbl,pmufw, images from standalone bsp in SDK with your kernel? if so, technically yes,but

I wouldnt recommend it, as the images need to have matching release builds, or you may see issues during boot. 

You can see all the directories in table A-2:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

0 Kudos