UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer dnovick
Observer

petalinux is not using my newly configured rootfs when it makes a new image

Good Day,

So, I'm trying to reconfigure my rootfs generated by petalinux using petalinux-config. Just to test it out, I did a couple of little things like add support for flex and python...and changed the root password. I then went and rebuilt the system, packaged it up using petalinux-package, and ran it on my Zedboard. For some strange reason, none of my changes were included.

In an effort to debug the situation, I unwrapped the newly generated rootfs.cpio to see if the changes actually got built, and indeed they did. 

This leaves me thinking that there is some step I'm missing to ensure that the new rootfs gets included in the buildout of image.ub. I've looked at the command documentation, as well as other docs, and haven't found any clue as to what I might have done wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Observer dnovick
Observer

Re: petalinux is not using my newly configured rootfs when it makes a new image

OK...So, I figured out an alternative. I reconfigured the project as follows:

Image Packing Configuration -> Root filesystem type -> 

Changed from INITRAMFS to INITRD file system.

This presented me with new options when I went to the previous screen. I left the defaults, including file name.

When I rebuilt, I noticed the rootfs files that were generated were slightly different than before. I just copied them to my SD card, along with the BOOT.BIN and the image.ub, and now I can see the changed config.

I still would like to know if there is a way to use the initramfs with a modified rootfs config? If so, how?

Dave

0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer the below link to ass packages in petalinux-2016.4

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Adding+New+RPM+Packages+in+meta-petalinux

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos

Which version of Petalinux are you using?
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos