UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer ilkras
Observer

please help to configure the build system (libmali-xlnx-r7p0-00rel0-r0 retrieval problem)

Jump to solution

Hi.

I am completely new to petalinux and to yocto and maybe my problem has a very simple solution (hopefully).

I installed petalinux tools 2017.2. Configured rootfs and built. The build failed with the following:

ERROR: libmali-xlnx-r7p0-00rel0-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://gitenterprise.xilinx.com/Graphics/mali400-xlnx-userspace.git;protocol=https;branch=master'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: libmali-xlnx-r7p0-00rel0-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: base_do_fetch

There are numerous questions on this issue and answers provided do not lead to the successful build.

I found that there is petalinux-v2017.2-open_components.tar.gz available for download from XIlinx site and that file contains libmali-xlnx-r7p0-00rel0-r0.tar.gz among many others. May me all or most of the needed components resides there.

Now the question:

How can I configure the petalinux tools (or just Yocto) to use this archive before trying to download the needed package from the network (this can also improve greatly the speed of the build)?

Thanks,

Ilya

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer kallensf
Observer

Re: please help to configure the build system (libmali-xlnx-r7p0-00rel0-r0 retrieval problem)

Jump to solution

If you follow the above AR and still have fetcher failure, try to clean up any previous build state:

petalinux-build -x distclean
petalinux-build -x mrproper

Regenerate local.conf:

petalinux-config

Then edit local.conf as described in the above AR.

2 Replies

Re: please help to configure the build system (libmali-xlnx-r7p0-00rel0-r0 retrieval problem)

Jump to solution

This is a known issue, please see the AR below:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69564.html

0 Kudos
Observer kallensf
Observer

Jump to solution

If you follow the above AR and still have fetcher failure, try to clean up any previous build state:

petalinux-build -x distclean
petalinux-build -x mrproper

Regenerate local.conf:

petalinux-config

Then edit local.conf as described in the above AR.