UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor quiwy
Visitor

problem with DTS generator

Hi,

I have to create a device tree for a project using microzed 7020 where I don't manage the hardware part. So I've been given the project by another person and now I'm working with the Vivado SDK. I'm following these steps to generate the dts files http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Build+Device+Tree+Blob , changing in the driver column the AXI_OcPoC_PWM_Control driver and the RC_Receiver_Input_0 to use them like showed in the attachment.drivers.png.

When I press OK it shows the following error in the SDK Log

11:03:42 ERROR	: (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_AXI_OcPoC_PWM_Controller_v1_0::generate : couldn't open "../../include/xparameters.h": no such file or directory
    while executing
"open $filename a"
    (procedure "::hsi::utils::open_include_file" line 3)
    invoked from within
"::hsi::utils::open_include_file $file_name"
    (procedure "::hsi::utils::define_include_file" line 4)
    invoked from within
"::hsi::utils::define_include_file $drv_handle $file_name $drv_string $args"
    (procedure "xdefine_include_file" line 3)
    invoked from within
"xdefine_include_file $drv_handle "xparameters.h" "AXI_OcPoC_PWM_Controller" "NUM_INSTANCES" "DEVICE_ID"  "C_S00_AXI_BASEADDR" "C_S00_AXI_HIGHADDR""
    (procedure "::sw_AXI_OcPoC_PWM_Controller_v1_0::generate" line 2)
    invoked from within
"::sw_AXI_OcPoC_PWM_Controller_v1_0::generate AXI_OcPoC_PWM_Controller_0"
ERROR: [Hsi 55-1442] Error(s) while running TCL procedure generate()

11:03:42 ERROR	: (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1450] Error: running generate_bsp.

11:03:42 ERROR	: Error generating bsp sources: Failed in generating sources
11:03:42 ERROR	: Failed to generate sources for BSP project device_tree_bsp_0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Internal error occurred while generating bsp sources. Please check the SDK Log view for further details.
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.internalGenerateBsp(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:178)
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.access$2(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:163)
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:131)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2240)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2267)
	at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

It looks like the file xparameter.h is missing, but I don't know where I can find it. Do you have any solution for this

problem? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: problem with DTS generator

Hey @quiwy,

Could it be that your version is different (e.g. V1.0 vs V1.1)?

Best,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
Visitor quiwy
Visitor

Thank you for replying,

I'v tried to see if I can change the version of the driver and it appears there's only the 1.0 choice.

How can I try to change it?

Quiwy

0 Kudos
Visitor quiwy
Visitor

It looks like copying the  /project_name/project_name.sdk/standalone_bsp_0/ps7_cortexa9_0/include directory to /project_name  works. Or at least I've no error anymore.

Don't know if it will works fine, let's discover this later :)

0 Kudos