UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

rootfs, and kernel location in u-boot

Jump to solution

I'm working on getting flash loaded on our custom board, i've designated the proper flash partition sizes for bit, fsbl, uboot, rootfs, and the kernel.

How to i edit u-boot to recognize the new locations for the rootfs, and kernel?

I've been told there are headers somewhere will do that, and the only thing i can find is xparameters.h has a nand_baseaddress value, but i dont think its what im looking for.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar milosoftware
Scholar

Re: rootfs, and kernel location in u-boot

Jump to solution

Look in include/configs/<boardname>.h and in include/configs/zynq-common.h.

Change the locations in the "qspiboot" environment variable. The default locations are probably based on some obsolete design, so ignore them.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Do you got a chance to look into the wiki page http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Build+U-Boot

Please refer to "Preparing the Linux images for U-Boot"

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar milosoftware
Scholar

Jump to solution

Look in include/configs/<boardname>.h and in include/configs/zynq-common.h.

Change the locations in the "qspiboot" environment variable. The default locations are probably based on some obsolete design, so ignore them.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Exactly what i was looking for, was having a hard time tracking it down myself. Thanks!

0 Kudos