UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

sftp not working in petalinux 2016.4

Jump to solution

Strange things are happening in the rootfs of petalinux 2016.4.

I have configured it with petalinux-config -c rootfs and selected to install dropbear, dropbear-openssh-sftp-server and openssh-sftp-server. And I can certainly log in using ssh, but when I try to use sftp I get an error saying 'sh: /usr/libexec/sftp-server: No such file or directory'.

This 'file' is present in the filesystem as a link to a non-existing file /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server.

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          28 Feb 14 14:40 /usr/libexec/sftp-server -> /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server

Shouldn't this last file be installed by my selection of openssh-sftp-server ?

I also observed that even though udhcpc is marked as do-not-install, it does exist in my filesystem. What gives? Am I no longer supposed to use petalinux-config -c rootfs ? If not, what else should I use?

And in the short term, what am I supposed to do to get sftp working?

Maarten

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: sftp not working in petalinux 2016.4

Jump to solution

Hi Maarten

The dropbear-openssh-sftp-server behavior currently prevents sftp-server from running.

To work around this issue, disable the "Dropbear-sftp" option in "petalinux-config -c rootfs", then run "petalinux-build".

Let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards

Shabbir

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

Jump to solution

Also, I seem to have my system wide open for ftp access! I can't even find an option to switch on/off ftp in the rootfs configuration.

0 Kudos
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

Jump to solution

Update: It seems inetd is starting ftp and telnet. WTF? And that while inetd is marked not to be installed!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Maarten

The dropbear-openssh-sftp-server behavior currently prevents sftp-server from running.

To work around this issue, disable the "Dropbear-sftp" option in "petalinux-config -c rootfs", then run "petalinux-build".

Let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards

Shabbir

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

Jump to solution

Ok, that was unexpected. But it seems to work.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I, too, am having this problem, now that I have a running system built on Petalinux 2016.4, and running on the ZC706.  I have the following in my configuration: dropbear (and no others in the Dropbear list) and openssh-sftp-server (and no others in the openssh list).  When I run sftp to connect to the ZC706 target, this is what results:

$ sftp root@192.168.10.1
root@192.168.10.1's password:
sh: /usr/libexec/sftp-server: No such file or directory
Connection closed

I cannot find a /usr/libexec directory, nor can I find sftp-server anywhere.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

It has a link to another non-existing file:

root@uz_pluart:/usr/libexec# ls -la
total 0
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            60 Feb  9 16:12 .
drwxr-xr-x   10 root     root           200 Dec 13 20:00 ..
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Feb  9 16:12 sftp-server -> /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server

0 Kudos
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

Jump to solution

Funny (not really), how this is still not fixed after 12 months in Petalinux 2017.4.

0 Kudos