Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

the gnu tools for cross compiling for MicroBlaze (little endian) on Linux

Jump to solution

i want to build a application for the microblaze-based linux system, and before beginning building, some file ask me to give the DIR to the cross compiler path, such as:

# CONFIG_SITE.Common.linux-microblaze
#
# Site specific definitions for linux-microblaze target builds.
#-------------------------------------------------------

# The gnu tools for cross compiling for MicroBlaze (little endian)
# on Linux can be downloaded from the Xilinx git server:
#   git clone git://git.xilinx.com/xldk/microblaze_v2.0_le.git
#
# The result contains a .tgz file with the tool-chain in it.
# Set GNU_DIR to point to the un-tarred tool-chain:

GNU_DIR = /usr/local/vw/microblaze-2.0/microblazeel-unknown-linux-gnu

but the website in this file is no longer existing. and i can't find a proper cross compiler in https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842547/Install+Xilinx+Tools#InstallXilinxTools-XilinxVivadoandPetaLinuxTools. this website seems to ask me to download a huge software, but what i need is just a cross compiler.

how can i get the proper compiler?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: the gnu tools for cross compiling for MicroBlaze (little endian) on Linux

Jump to solution

Hi @xlgforever ,

By default when you install Vivado/SDK you wil have the cross compiler tools for Microblaze under:

<Vivado/sdk_install_dir>/SDK/<version>/gnu/microblaze/linux_toolchain/lin64_le/bin/microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu-gcc.

Are you using Xilinx SDK for creating the Linux App? If yes, you can just right-click over the Linux App (Left pane on xSDK) > C/C++ build select Tool Chain Editor and set "current tool chain" to "xilinx Microbase Linux ... ".

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Marco Roda

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @xlgforever ,

By default when you install Vivado/SDK you wil have the cross compiler tools for Microblaze under:

<Vivado/sdk_install_dir>/SDK/<version>/gnu/microblaze/linux_toolchain/lin64_le/bin/microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu-gcc.

Are you using Xilinx SDK for creating the Linux App? If yes, you can just right-click over the Linux App (Left pane on xSDK) > C/C++ build select Tool Chain Editor and set "current tool chain" to "xilinx Microbase Linux ... ".

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Marco Roda

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

i have searched on the internet, somebody gives the same solution as yours. so maybe it is the right way.

i use the cross complier to build EPICS(Experimental Physics and Industrial Control Systems) base and then i can use it on the microblaze-based linux system to communicate with someone else.

0 Kudos