UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor xlgforever
Visitor

the gnu tools for cross compiling for MicroBlaze (little endian) on Linux

Jump to solution

i want to build a application for the microblaze-based linux system, and before beginning building, some file ask me to give the DIR to the cross compiler path, such as:

# CONFIG_SITE.Common.linux-microblaze
#
# Site specific definitions for linux-microblaze target builds.
#-------------------------------------------------------

# The gnu tools for cross compiling for MicroBlaze (little endian)
# on Linux can be downloaded from the Xilinx git server:
#   git clone git://git.xilinx.com/xldk/microblaze_v2.0_le.git
#
# The result contains a .tgz file with the tool-chain in it.
# Set GNU_DIR to point to the un-tarred tool-chain:

GNU_DIR = /usr/local/vw/microblaze-2.0/microblazeel-unknown-linux-gnu

but the website in this file is no longer existing. and i can't find a proper cross compiler in https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842547/Install+Xilinx+Tools#InstallXilinxTools-XilinxVivadoandPetaLinuxTools. this website seems to ask me to download a huge software, but what i need is just a cross compiler.

how can i get the proper compiler?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: the gnu tools for cross compiling for MicroBlaze (little endian) on Linux

Jump to solution

Hi @xlgforever ,

By default when you install Vivado/SDK you wil have the cross compiler tools for Microblaze under:

<Vivado/sdk_install_dir>/SDK/<version>/gnu/microblaze/linux_toolchain/lin64_le/bin/microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu-gcc.

Are you using Xilinx SDK for creating the Linux App? If yes, you can just right-click over the Linux App (Left pane on xSDK) > C/C++ build select Tool Chain Editor and set "current tool chain" to "xilinx Microbase Linux ... ".

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Marco Roda

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @xlgforever ,

By default when you install Vivado/SDK you wil have the cross compiler tools for Microblaze under:

<Vivado/sdk_install_dir>/SDK/<version>/gnu/microblaze/linux_toolchain/lin64_le/bin/microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu-gcc.

Are you using Xilinx SDK for creating the Linux App? If yes, you can just right-click over the Linux App (Left pane on xSDK) > C/C++ build select Tool Chain Editor and set "current tool chain" to "xilinx Microbase Linux ... ".

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Marco Roda

0 Kudos
Visitor xlgforever
Visitor

Jump to solution

i have searched on the internet, somebody gives the same solution as yours. so maybe it is the right way.

i use the cross complier to build EPICS(Experimental Physics and Industrial Control Systems) base and then i can use it on the microblaze-based linux system to communicate with someone else.

0 Kudos