Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

u-boot will not built for custom board

Jump to solution

Hi John,

I will grateful if you could help me/point me in the right direction, with regards to the following:

We have succesfully built u-boot for ml507, however when we try to built it for a custom board with the same fpga (v5fxt70t), we get an error:

-Map u-boot.map -o u-boot
fs/fat/libfat.a(fat.o): In function `fat_register_device':
/opt/xilinx/u-boot-xlnx.git/fs/fat/fat.c:92: undefined reference to `get_partition_info'

We have replaced the original xparameters.h (under E:\AIDA_XH\linux\files_from_git_tree\u_boot\u-boot-xlnx.git\board\xilinx\ml507) with the new one from the xps project (under <proj name>\ppc440_0\include).

Is there any other changes we need to do for the u-boot to built succesfully for a custom board with v5fx70t?( regenate the config.mk and xparameters.mk?)

Thank you  Mos 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Not to my knowledge is there anything else you should do. I'm assuming (don't remember) there's way to do a clean make, I would do that.

What's the differences between the xparameters as maybe there's something causing it to build differently. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Not to my knowledge is there anything else you should do. I'm assuming (don't remember) there's way to do a clean make, I would do that.

What's the differences between the xparameters as maybe there's something causing it to build differently. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

make clean

make 507_config

make

and it builts fine, with new xparameters.h

Thanks

Mos