UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

valgrind on Petalinux 2017.1

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am trying to install valgrind on Petalinux 2017.1 for the zcu102 board. I am facing the same problems as in here

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Valgrind-on-Petalinux-2016-4/m-p/764951#M19693

Unfortunately,  the solution provided by @tristan.gibson in the above post is not working for me. I still cannot find the valgrind option in the menuconfig ($petalinux-config)

Has anyone succeeded in doing so?

Thanx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: valgrind on Petalinux 2017.1

Jump to solution

Hi @amatsaka

Try adding valgrind in project-spec/meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-image.bbappend

And then select this user package from petalinux-config -c rootfs, and build

You will be able to see valgrind upon boot

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @amatsaka

Try adding valgrind in project-spec/meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-image.bbappend

And then select this user package from petalinux-config -c rootfs, and build

You will be able to see valgrind upon boot

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks @shabbirk

It worked!

so to get better understanding, does the valgrind comes with petalinux and only needs to be enabled through petalinux-image.bbappend and  /build/conf/local.conf  in order to build it and be available at the target system?

Or needs to be installed in the host PC and petalinux includes it in the image (after enabling it as above)?

0 Kudos