UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

xilinx_drm_dri: what is it, where to find it, how to enable it ?

Hi, guys

I'm facing a problem, My application (some camera app, called ZED Explorer by stereolabs) runs with Xorg reports a issue:

libGL error: unable to load driver :xilinx_drm_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver xilinx_drm

The application still runs, just don't have a high performance. As you may wonder, my desktop GUI also have extremely low performance.

I figured may be the xilinx_drm issue is the root cause.

The thread 849308 suggests to include Xilinx_DRM in kernel config, which I already done. The issue remains.

@imgignaciomentioned in the thread that the driver is a built-in module.

But seems even it is built-in, some application still cannot find it.

I searched through the generated rootfs by petalinux, there also isn't a xilinx_drm_dri.so available.

I use a non-xilinx-provided ubuntu 16.04 rootfs for arm64 which of course don't have xilinx's user space libs, as xilinx don't provide ubuntu 16.04 rootfs.

I wonder if the running rootfs should be configured with any petalinux compiled library to make it work with xilinx_drm and improve performance

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Regards,
Kang
Tags (4)
0 Kudos