UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nlucic
Visitor

xusbps-ehci Drivers Zynq Zybo

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to build custom kernel for Zynq Zybo, but whatever I do USB wont work. I tried Xillinux distribution where USB works and found out that it uses drivers called "xusbps-ehci". I imediately tried to rebuild kernel but couldn't find those drivers in the .config. I also copied .config file from Xillinux, but with no succes. No xusbps-ehci drivers could be found anywhere. Can someone tell me where and how to get those drivers? It's driving me crazy!

Nemanja

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor nlucic
Visitor

Re: xusbps-ehci Drivers Zynq Zybo

Jump to solution

Ok, it turns out that I've been using wrong repo (Xilinx linux repo). In the Digilent Linux repo drivers are working.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Visitor nlucic
Visitor

Jump to solution
Actually there is entry CONFIG_USB_XUSBPS_DR_OF=y in Xillinux .config file. But if I try to use this .config and then do menuconfig that entry disappears. I'm confused...
0 Kudos
Scholar rfs613
Scholar

Jump to solution
Are you running "make menuconfig" directly? You need to tell it you are going to cross-compile for ARM, otherwise it assumes you want native (x86), and hides options that do not apply. So you should run:

make ARCH=arm menuconfig

0 Kudos
Visitor nlucic
Visitor

Jump to solution

I did cross compiling and compiling on the board itself. Both approaches had no success. I managed to find the source code of the driver here. I've added it to the Kconfig and makefile in the drivers/usb/host and I'm compiling it right now. I will post update when it's over.

0 Kudos
Visitor nlucic
Visitor

Jump to solution

Ok, it turns out that I've been using wrong repo (Xilinx linux repo). In the Digilent Linux repo drivers are working.

0 Kudos