UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

xylon drm fails to get pixel clock

i'm in the process of porting the ZC702 TRD to a different board that doesn't have the si570 clock so i'm trying to use the logiclk ip core. When I boot I get these messages

[ 0.947037] [drm:xylon_drm_crtc_create] *ERROR* failed get pixel clock
[ 0.953502] [drm:xylon_drm_load] *ERROR* failed create xylon crtc

I have the logiclk core hooked up and using the clk0_drp output going to the logicvc vclk input. The logiclk seems to be ok

[ 1.241677] logiclk 43c50000.clock-generator: precise output frequency 75000000 Hz

Has anyone else played with these combinations of cores?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: xylon drm fails to get pixel clock

check this TRD
http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+Base+TRD+2014.2
I am not sure if its helps
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Observer xylonsupport
Observer

How did you set dts "clocks" entry?

Is it set to reference to used logiclk output?

0 Kudos
Observer xylonsupport
Observer

Hi,

Xylon ported ZC702 BaseTRD on ZedBoard and this design use logiCLK IP: http://www.logicbricks.com/logicBRICKS/Reference-logicBRICKS-Design/Ported-Xilinx-TRD-to-ZedBoard.aspx

Download link: http://www.logicbricks.com/logicBRICKS/Reference-logicBRICKS-Design/Xylon-Reference-Designs-Navigation-Page.aspx

Best regards,

Dean

Xylon Support Team

Adventurer
Adventurer

thanks. I did start with the ZED reference design I downloaded from your website. Unfortunately the project creation fails right before it hooked up the logiclk. So, I can see much of the design but this key component of the logiclk to the logicvc isn't illustrated.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

well, I didn't so I'm guessing that's a problem ;) Here is what I see in the ready_to_test folder of the ZED reference design for the logicvc entry. I don't see a "clocks". Can you modify to illustrate it's use? Do I just do clocks = <&phandlenameforlogiclk>?

logicvc@40030000 {
compatible = "xylon,logicvc-4.00.a";
reg = <0x40030000 0x10000>;
interrupt-parent = <0x3>;
interrupts = <0x0 0x22 0x4>;
background-layer-bits-per-pixel = <0x20>;
background-layer-type = "rgb";
color-space = <0x1>;
interface = <0x0>;
readable-regs;
size-position;
pixel-stride = <0x800>;
linux,phandle = <0x10>;
phandle = <0x10>;

layer_0 {
bits-per-pixel = <0x20>;
type = "rgb";
transparency = "layer";
};

layer_1 {
bits-per-pixel = <0x10>;
type = "yuv";
transparency = "layer";
};
};
0 Kudos
Observer xylonsupport
Observer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer xylonsupport
Observer

To create/recreate ZED reference design project you must have evaluation license for logiCLK logicBRICKS IP core.

Best regards,
Dean
Xylon Support Team
0 Kudos
Visitor prjeanneret
Visitor

Is there a working example/design of the Xylon DRM working with Linux? All the examples I've found so far are for the XylonFB module (not DRM) which no longer exists in the mainline Linux kernel. 

The current Linux-xlnx kernel is 4.0 and that has options for XylonDRM, but the documentation for how to use it is lacking to say the least. A working example (including the dts information) would be really helpful.

Paul

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Paul,

Please take a look at the Zynq Base TRD as an example and reference of how to use the Xylon DRM driver:

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+Base+TRD+2015.2

The above design is based on the 2015.2 tool suite and a 3.19 Linux kernel. An updated design for 2015.4 and 4.0 Linux kernel will be released by the end of the year.

Hope this helps!

Chris

0 Kudos