Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

yocto or petalinux

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I will start a project which is based on Linux and my platform is Zedboard. I couldn't decide whether to use petalinux or yocto. I have used yocto on different platforms before and had no problems. But ı don't know anything about Petalinux. Also this project based QT. 

What's the advantages of petalinux or yocto? Which one is easier for initial setup and bring-up QT

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi @aforizma1842 

Petalinux is built on Yocto and more easy to use, you can basically build a system with several commands. And you should have no problem in getting familiar with Petalinux since you already had Yocto experience. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi @aforizma1842 

Petalinux is built on Yocto and more easy to use, you can basically build a system with several commands. And you should have no problem in getting familiar with Petalinux since you already had Yocto experience. 

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @aforizma1842 

I suggest you to use petalinux.

Because you can build qemu based QT toolkit by "petalinux-build --sdk" command.

It's easy to prepare what you want to do.

Best regards,

0 Kudos