UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor obenj
Visitor

zc702 - Bringing up SDIO Wireless Interface

Jump to solution

I have been following the wiki http://wiki.xilinx.com/zynq-sdio-wifi to try to bring up an Atheros AR6103 sdio chip, but cannot get the wlan0 device to be found.

I created my filesystem by following http://wiki.xilinx.com/zynq-rootfs and included the default build of Wireless Tools in /usr/sbin/. I put libiw.so.29 in /lib/.

After booting Linux, I call

/ # insmod lib/modules/3.5.0-14.3-build2-25248-gabfadbf/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/ath6kl_sdio.ko
/ #

followed by

/ # lsmod
ath6kl_sdio 11616 0 - Live 0xbf09e000
ipv6 233822 15 - Live 0xbf000000
/ #

However, when I go to try to setup my wireless connection, I see the following.

/ # iwconfig wlan0
wlan0     No such device
/ #

ifconfig only returns eth0 and lo devices.

I do not think I missed any of the kernel config flags that were called out in the http://wiki.xilinx.com/zynq-sdio-wifi wiki. So am I missing something from my filesystem, like a networking configuration script?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor obenj
Visitor

Re: zc702 - Bringing up SDIO Wireless Interface

Jump to solution

Apologies for the late response, but I found shortly afterward that my issue was due to hardware. For the two ZC702 boards that I possessed, the SD connector did not have a great connection to the SDIO card. Some wiggling would produce a connection and the expected prints below:

ath6kl: temporary war to avoid sdio crc error
ath6kl: ar6003 hw 2.1.1 sdio fw 3.2.0.144 api 3
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Jon,

I didn't see any output from the driver when you loaded it, such as shown in the wiki page.

zynq> insmod ath6kl_sdio.ko

Are you sure you got the firmware on the ramdisk?

There was not anything needed for network configuration that I remember.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Visitor obenj
Visitor

Jump to solution

The firmware on my ramdisk is located at /lib/firmware/ath6k/ as the wiki stated.

/ # ls lib/firmware/ath6k/
AR6002    AR6003    AR6003.1  AR6004
/ # ls lib/firmware/ath6k/AR6003.1/hw2.1.1/
athwlan.bin       bdata.SD32.bin    data.patch.bin    otp.bin
bdata.SD31.bin    bdata.WB31.bin    endpointping.bin
/ #

(I followed the step which called for bdata.SD31.bin to be copied as bdata.bin.)

Is this not the right location for firmware to be loaded from? Or am I supposed to load the firmware manually?

I cannot find any lines in dmesg specific to the ar6003. The only SD related lines are:

/ # dmesg | grep sd
sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
mmc0: SDHCI controller on e0100000.sdhci [e0100000.sdhci] using ADMA
/ #

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
Visitor obenj
Visitor

Jump to solution

Apologies for the late response, but I found shortly afterward that my issue was due to hardware. For the two ZC702 boards that I possessed, the SD connector did not have a great connection to the SDIO card. Some wiggling would produce a connection and the expected prints below:

0 Kudos
Visitor hafizqasim
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi

Have you also tested AR6103 on Zedboard? I am developed SD/MMC driver for zedboard and it is working. But SDIO part is not working. I am getting continous interrupt for Card Interrupt bit #8 (Register Offset: 0x30) and could not get any way to clear it.

0 Kudos
Visitor gopal_123
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi @obenj,

Have you used any SDIO card?  Actually i need an micro SDIO card, there is an Micro SD slot on the board. 

0 Kudos
Visitor gopal_123
Visitor

Jump to solution
I have used this slot for micro SD memory card. Now i want to use the uSD slot for micro SDIO card. But not able to find suitable micro SDIO card. Could you please suggest me an micro SDIO card and where can i get that? I have tried through some online electronic stores/sites
0 Kudos