UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jnelson
Visitor

ARM compilation tool other than SDK

I am new to working with the ZedBoard and am looking at programming both the PL on the Zynq as well as the ARM core on the board. I don't really like using the SDK though and was curious if there was another tool for ARM compilation that plays well with the ZedBoard?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: ARM compilation tool other than SDK

sourcery supports arm on zynq. you can download no support version here:

http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/sourcery-tools/sourcery-codebench/editions/lite-edition/
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I recently started using the PetaLinux development tools from Xilinx (available for download here) and they're quite simple.  PetaLinux is built using Yocto and is completely command line based with a few kernel config style GUIs.  The only drawback is that it only exists in Linux.  No Windows version of the tools if you're into that sort of thing.  All in all, it's just scripts, config files, make files, and source code.  The Zedboard is supported right out of the box.

-Jordan

This signature intentionally left blank.
0 Kudos
Scholar trenz-al
Scholar

you can work with ARM DS-5 also including debugging

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer chengtms
Observer

You can build a toolchain with the Buildroot tool. I've been using a toolchain built by Buildroot on zc702 (not Zedboard though) and it works well.

Stephen

0 Kudos