UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer @bucky
Observer

AXI EPC Data Abort Handler

Hi guys,

I'm using a ZYNQ device and i'm trying to interface an external device by mean of EPC core implemented in PL.
Accessing the device at base address (see code below) always triggers a Data-Abort handler.
Looking at signals with the oscilloscope the Chip-Select is actually moved but the transaction is closed before the slave device actually responds.

Searching the forum we have come up to this post Xil_Out16 abort handler but it seems to me that the memory region is mapped into MMU - the core is placed in PL at address 0x40600000 and the BSP in translation table registers it by default. Am I right?

translation_table.S

.rept	0x0400			/* 0x40000000 - 0x7fffffff (FPGA slave0) */
.word	SECT + 0xc02		/* S=b0 TEX=b000 AP=b11, Domain=b0, C=b0, B=b0 */
.set	SECT, SECT+0x100000
.endr

epc access code

u16 foo = Xil_In16(0x40600000u);

Thanks in advance for your support,

Bucky

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AXI EPC Data Abort Handler

You could add the ILA to the axi interface into axi EPC just to make sure the axi 'resp' values are good. I see that the core will respond via 'bresp' or 'rresp' when handling an 'abnormal termination'. Refiew PG127 sub section 'Abnormal Terminations' to make sure you are handling Prh_rdy correctly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer @bucky
Observer

Re: AXI EPC Data Abort Handler

Hi johnmcd,

thanks for your hints, after "instrumenting" the device with the logic analyzer we discovered that the Prh_rdy signals was not awaited enogh time thus triggering the Abort Data Handler.

Thanks for your support,

Bucky

0 Kudos