UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jkrshnv
Visitor

AXI Quad SPI - master and salve interfacing

Hi

I need to interface 2 or 3 SPI slaves to an FPGA- most likely I will select Kintex device for this. Whatever data read from the SPI slaves have to be read by a microcontroller, based on interrupts. I guess the Microcontroller also should use an SPI  to FPGA, so that I need an SPI slave also on the FPGA.

1. Is this - having two Quad SPI devices on the FPGA - a good solution ?

2. Since I do not have a micrcontroller on the FPGA , can I put wrapper logic to interface with AXI4 side of the SPI cores , to do the programming of registers ?  From the WP417, figure 1, it looks like this is OK, is that right ?

3. My application is Industrial Control, so I am a bit worried about Microcontroller SPI to FPGA latency? Is there another way to do this, like having a dual port RAM on the FPGA read/written by Microcontroller ?

Thanks

Jayakrishnan. V

0 Kudos