UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant hacmachdien
Participant

Accessing IO Pins on the FMC Expansion Card

How do read or write data on an IO Pins on the FMC card? Can I use PlanAhead to connect a signal to the IO pins on the card? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Accessing IO Pins on the FMC Expansion Card

FMC is only accessible in the FPGA
to do so:
create a custom IP in your FPGA which has IN and OUTS
then you must constraint this I/O to the relevant pins of the FMC (check the datasheet), this is done in an .ucf file.

regards
G.W.,
NIST - Time Frequency metrology
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Are you using evaluation board?  If yes what is the part number.

One or few banks of FPGA IO signals routed to FMC connector. Accessing those FPGA bank pins is nothing but accessing of FMC cards in most of cases.

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Participant hacmachdien
Participant

Yes, I am using a Zynq 7000 ZC702 Evaluation Board (Part number: EK-Z7-ZC702-G). I tried to route an IO pin to a clock capable pin on the board but failed to do so. I can't measure any clock signal on the FMC IO pin that I intended to connect to.
0 Kudos
Participant hacmachdien
Participant

I've just realized that my FMC has had this problem for a while (Power Good signal wasn't asserted): http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51438.htm.
Am I still able to use IO pins on the FMC card with this error?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is a very old issue that was corrected, so I would be surprised if the original issue described in the answer record is present on your ZC702. I would be concerned that that something else might be wrong, so you should verify that the FMC Vadj supply is correct set to 2.5V using a voltage meter.
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Participant hacmachdien
Participant

I have all of three power rails (VADJ - 2.5V, VCC3V3 - 3.3V, VCC_12P - 12V) measured and they all have correct values. So I guess it's fine to use the FMC IOs even though the Power Good DS5 Led is off.
0 Kudos