UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor screamo
Visitor

Accessing ZC706 on-board ethernet from PL's MicroBlaze processor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am currently building a system where MicroBlaze in PL area of ZC706 is used as the main processor.

I believed that my Zynq board comes with a ethernet module, so I generated bitstream and exported to SDK.

When I tried to include lwIP library when creating a BSP according to my MicroBlaze system,

the log showed:

ERROR:EDK:3900 - issued from TCL procedure "::sw_lwip140_v1_06_a::lwip_drc" line
lwip140 () - No Ethernet MAC cores are addressable from processor
microblaze_0. lwIP requires atleast one EMAC (xps_ethernetlite |
xps_ll_temac | axi_ethernet | axi_ethernet_buffer | axi_ethernetlite |
ps7_ethernet) core with its interrupt pin connected to the interrupt
controller.

As the error message suggests, I included an AXI interrupt controller that gets inputs from ps_enet pins and generates output IRQ to MicroBlaze core.

But the same error message still appears. Maybe it's because even if PS ethernet hardware is connected to MicroBlaze via

interrupt controller, MicroBlaze still doesn't have ethernet in its address space.

How should I solve this issue? Should I include axi_ethernet? If then, how should I connect between axi_ethernet and ethernet hardware?

Thank you very much in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: Accessing ZC706 on-board ethernet from PL's MicroBlaze processor

Jump to solution
Use the S_AXI_GP to access the gigabit ethernet (enable it) on PS section, then you should be able to generate the lwip library in SDK.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution
How is the MicroBlaze interfaced with Zynq? You will need to use the s_axi_gp port to access the iops on zynq.
0 Kudos
Visitor screamo
Visitor

Jump to solution

Currently, only 3 HP AXI interfaces are included for accessing DDR3 hardware in PS.

So should I have another AXI interface(perhaps GP in this case as you suggested?) that

has the same address as ethernet in PS is allocated to?

0 Kudos
Visitor screamo
Visitor

Jump to solution

I found that I already have a S_AXI_GP port that covers all of PS' address space.

How should I change current project so that SDK can recognize ethernet module and correctly

generate lwIP library for my hardware?

0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution
Use the S_AXI_GP to access the gigabit ethernet (enable it) on PS section, then you should be able to generate the lwip library in SDK.
0 Kudos