UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

CANFD V2.0 IP output signal can_phy_tx has no waveform

Use the canfd ip to simulate,but the output singal can_phy_tx has no waveform,only keep high level 1,the waveform is Figure 1,Figure 2 and Figure 3. 
    The frequency of the s_axi_aclk and can_clk are all 20MHz.The input timing for the canip is accord with the required timing. 
    I get the information from the xilinx forum the canfd ip need to be touched-up to use for xilinx vivado from version 17.2 through 18.2. My vivado version is 2017.4.
    Please help confirm.

The forum link is as below.It seems the same issue as mine.
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/CANFD-V2-0-IP-Core-goes-wild-at-any-bus-activity-Zynq7000/m-p/931869?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=category:XlnxProd&q=canfd&search_type=thread

The configuration address and data are show as Figure 2 and Figure 3.

canfd.PNGFigure 1

canfd1.PNGFigure 2

canfd2.PNGFigure 3

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: CANFD V2.0 IP output signal can_phy_tx has no waveform

Hi tanjl@delicasz.com 

CAN-FD requires 8k of register space. Did you check that in the address editor?

If the register space is 4k change it to 8k and check.

Best Regards
Abhinay PS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Re: CANFD V2.0 IP output signal can_phy_tx has no waveform

Hi Abhinayp,

Thanks very much for your reply.

When I connect the CANFD IP signal can_phy_tx to can_phy_rx,the can_phy_tx has signal.Does the can_phy_rx firstly have signal then the can_phy_tx has signal?

I get the can_phy_tx is related to the nodes and the ID(filter id),but I use it for the single node. How do I set the registers for the CANFD IP?

0 Kudos