UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer sasisaketh
Observer

CPU_1x clock in Zynq APSoC

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please detail the relation between CPU_1x and the CPU frequency(50 - 667MHz) we set using clock configuration window of vivado for Zynq APSoC. I understand that CPU_1x, CPU_2x, CPU_3x and CPU_4x are relative with either 6:2:1 or 4:2:1 ratios. I need to understand this since I/O peripherals like SPI minimum clock is dependent on CPU_1x.

Thanks,

Saketh

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: CPU_1x clock in Zynq APSoC

Jump to solution

Hi @sasisaketh,

From UG585(link)

The CPU clock corresponds to the clock CPU6x or CPU4x depending on your ratio (6:2:1 or 4:2:1):

CPU.JPG

The SPI could use the CPU_1x clock but also use a clock coming from another source. See example of configuation in the table 25-3:

clocks.JPG

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: CPU_1x clock in Zynq APSoC

Jump to solution

Hi @sasisaketh,

From UG585(link)

The CPU clock corresponds to the clock CPU6x or CPU4x depending on your ratio (6:2:1 or 4:2:1):

CPU.JPG

The SPI could use the CPU_1x clock but also use a clock coming from another source. See example of configuation in the table 25-3:

clocks.JPG

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos