UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting ethernet signals to PL while maintaining ENET connection to MIO

Jump to solution

Using MicroZed 7020 and Vivado 2014.4.1_63036

I would like to be able to read ethernet signals from PL without disconnecting the path from ENET 0 through the GMII/RGMII Adapter and out to MIO[16:27,52,3]. I have tried re-customizing the Zynq7 PS from the block diagram by changing the MIO Configuration of ENET 0 to EMIO, but this has the effect of removing the connection to MIO. This requires that I add another PHY that connects to PL, rather than using the PHY that already exists on the MicroZed. Is it possible to sniff the ethernet signals in PL while using the current hardware?

Attached: I have highlighted red the connections in the Ethernet Controller block diagram (from UG585) that I would like to use.

ethernet_controller_BD.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Connecting ethernet signals to PL while maintaining ENET connection to MIO

Jump to solution
This is not possible. Basically there is no way for PL to read the state of PS MIO pins. You can connect PS control signals to PL through EMIO but you can't access MIO on PS from PL.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

No these configuration is not possible,you can use only MIO or EMIO connecting to the MAC and not both at the same time.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
This is not possible. Basically there is no way for PL to read the state of PS MIO pins. You can connect PS control signals to PL through EMIO but you can't access MIO on PS from PL.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos